Borja Mayoral and Marcos Llorente have both been omitted from Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane’s 19-player squad for the Spanish Super Cup first leg match against Barcelona in Camp Nou, joining the injured Jesús Vallejo and suspended Luka Modric on the sidelines.
The two Real Madrid academy products were also left out of the squad for the European Super Cup victory over Manchester United and face a struggle to break into Zidane’s first-team plans for the 2017-18 season after returning from loans at Wolfsburg and Alavés respectively.
Dani Ceballos, who also missed out in Skopje, has been included in the list and could make his competitive debut in Camp Nou. Also making the squad is Zidane’s son, Luca, who will travel as the third keeper behind Keylor Navas and Kiko Casilla.
Real Madrid squad:
Keepers: Keylor Navas, Kiko Casilla, Luka Zidane.
Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Raphael Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Theo Hernández.
Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Mateo Kovacic, Isco, Dani Ceballos, Marco Asensio.
Forwards: Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lucas Vázquez.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play