Kylian Mbappé left out by Jardim as PSG move inches closer
The Monaco boss elected to start Adama Diakhaby in Dijon as French media reports state that the France striker's move to Paris is imminent.
The rumour mill will be working overtime in France on Sunday after Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim elected to leave star forward Kylian Mbappé on the bench for his side’s visit to Dijon.
Amid growing reports in the French media of an imminent bid of colossal proportions from Paris Saint-Germain, Jardim decided to start in the Stade Gaston Gérard with Colombia striker Radamel Falcao and France under-21 international Adama Diakhaby, although it should also be noted that Mbappé picked up a knee injury in last weekend's match against Toulouse.
Mbappé: French media say PSG move is near
The morning dailies in France had speculated that the Monaco boss may opt to leave Mbappé out of his starting line-up with the 18-year-old being increasingly linked with a move to the big-spending Ligue 1 giants with several media reporting that PSG were closing in on an imminent deal.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery