Chiellini out for Spain v Italy
The Italian defender picked up a strain in training and will miss the World Cup qualifier at the Bernabéu on Saturday.
Giorgio Chiellini, the soul of the Italian BBC, and a guaranteed starter against Spain, has picked up a calf strain in training and will miss the World Cup qualifier at the Bernabéu on Saturday (20:45 CEST).
Chiellini heading back to Turin
Chiellini is heading home to Turin, as he also won't be fit for Italy's next game against Israel on Tuesday.
Italy coach Ventura, who tends to enjoy playing a four man defence, was using the three biggest defensive names in Italian football: Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini in training in preparation for the Spain game. Now he'll have to decide whether to go with four at the back, or bring in Rugani in a three man defence.
Italy travel to Spain this Friday before Saturday's crunch match for qualification for Russia 2018.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win