L'Équipe elects Marco Asensio as best young player in the world
The French periodical has drawn up a list of the 50 best players born after January 1, 1996. Dele Alli and Kylian Mbappé make up the rest of top three.
Esteemed French daily L’Équipe has drawn up a list of the 50 best players in the world aged 21 or under and have elected Marco Asensio as the finest of the new generation.
Dele Alli and Kylian Mbappé rank second and third on the list, the criteria for which is that players eligible for selection must have been born after January 1, 1996.
Other Spanish players cited by L’Équipe are Dani Ceballos (Real Madrid, 15th), Jesús Vallejo (Real Madrid, 31st), Carlos Soler (Valencia, 40th) and Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad, 44th).
Barcelona's Dembélé fourth on L'Équipe list
Among players from other countries at Liga sides, Osmane Dembélé (4th) is the only Barcelona youngster included while Real Madrid have a fifth player on the list in Theo Hernández (28th). His brother, Lucas Hernández (42nd), is Atlético’s only mention while Villarreal are represented by Enes Ünal (47th).
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Parents charged after Michigan school shooting: what is involuntary manslaughter?
- NFL What are the most common injuries in NFL?
- SOCCER Real Madrid: Ancelotti encourages Mbappé to follow his dreams
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale close to making Real Madrid return
- BARCELONA Barcelona hoping to offload Samuel Umtiti in January
- NBA Jordan, Shaq, Harden... The players who led to NBA rule changes