Diego Costa attends Sevilla game after passing medical
The Brazilian-born Spain international got his first taste of the Wanda Metropolitano after finally rejoining Los Rojiblancos from Chelsea.
Diego Costa got his first taste of the Wanda Metropolitano as he watched the Atlético-Sevilla game from the president's box. The Brazilian-born Spain international landed on Friday in Madrid and passed a medical on Saturday morning.
In the meantime
Diego Costa rejoins Simeone at Atlético after spending three seasons at Chelsea and could don the rojiblanco jersey from 1 January when Atlético's transfer ban is lifted. In the meantime, the striker will train with old and new team-mates as he looks to keep up his fitness levels and remain sharp for a potential debut on 3 January in the first leg of the last 16 of the Copa del Rey.
Walk of fame
Costa also features on the Walk of Legends at the Wanda Metropolitano after playing 134 official games for Atlético, although the plaque dedicated to the striker will be changed over time as the number of games he plays for the club grows. The same will occur with other current players like Godín, Gabi, Koke, Griezmann.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery