Atlético agree deal to sign Racing striker Lautaro Martínez
According to a report in Argentinean daily Olé, Atlético representatives have travelled to Avellaneda to tie up the signing of the under-20 international.Europa League Final 2018: Marseille vs Atlético Madrid live
Atlético Madrid are closing in on the signing of highly rated Argentina under-20 international Lautaro Martínez. The Racing Avellaneda striker has hit eight goals in 11 youth internationals and has caught the eye of his compatriot Diego Simeone.
According to Argentinean daily Olé, Atlético sporting director Andrea Berta has travelled to Buenos Aires to seal a deal for the 20-year-old for a fee in the region of 12 million euros. Olé also stated that the player’s agent, Rolando Zaraté, has also given the preliminary green light for the operation to go through.
Atlético keen to see off competition from Monaco
Atlético have moved to tie up the transfer as quickly as possible after opening initial talks in August with other European clubs, notably AS Monaco, also keeping tabs on Martínez. The Colchoneros hope to finalise the agreement with the player to join the club at the end of the current season.
Meanwhile, Fox reported that Zaraté also took the opportunity to discuss two other Racing players while he was in town, 22-year-old forward Pablo Cuadra and 19-year-old midfielder Matías Zaracho.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22