Agüero: Manchester City striker back in training after car crash
Sergio Agüero returned to training on Tuesday morning, just 11 days after suffering a broken rib in a car accident in Amsterdam.
Manchester City striker Sergio Agüero has returned to training following his recent car crash.
Argentina international Agüero sustained a broken rib when a taxi he was passenger in crashed on its way to Amsterdam airport last month.
The accident sparked fears Agüero could be out of action for up to two months.
Agüero participates in "light training" under two weeks since accident
But just 11 days later he took part in light training at the club's Eastlands complex as he joined in training with the City players not away on international duty.
"Man City fans will be delighted to learn Sergio Agüero returned to training on Tuesday morning," a statement on the club's website read.
Agüero to "gradually build up his fitness in the coming days"
"Though it was a light session with a City physio, the City star is expected to gradually build up his fitness in the coming days as he edges towards a first-team return."
Agüero, 29, is just one goal short of Eric Brook's all-time club record of 177 goals.
City midfielder Fabian Delph also took part in Tuesday's session having recovered from a minor knock sustained against Chelsea which forced him to pull out of the England squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card