Real Madrid have reached a verbal agreement to sign Brazil Under-17 ace Alan de Souza Guimarães, continuing their policy of snapping up the world's most promising youngsters.
Alan would arrive at Real Madrid next year
The Palmeiras attacking midfielder, who is currently starring at the Under-17 World Cup in India, would move to Real in summer 2018, initially joining Castilla, the LaLiga giants' 'B' team.
The 17-year-old's signing would follow May's confirmation of a deal for his international team-mate Vinicius Junior, who is due to arrive at the Santiago Bernabéu from Flamengo in July 2019.
Real will look to negotiate fee lower than 50m-euro clause
Having started out in the São Paulo youth set-up, Alan rejected offers from several of Brazil’s biggest clubs and Inter Milan to sign for Palmeiras in 2013, where he has developed into the jewel in the crown of the Verdão's academy.
He is under contract until 2019 and has a release clause of 50m euros, but Real will seek to negotiate a lower fee as the player will be entering the final year of his deal.
Alan agent travelled to Spain to begin talks in early 2017
The Spanish and European champions have been tracking the attacker for some time, with his agent, Juan Figger, meeting club chiefs in Madrid early this year for initial conversations.
Talks have progressed and, barring any unexpected setbacks, Alan will move to the Spanish capital next summer, by which time he will have turned 18.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?