Eibar to donate Copa gate to victims of Galicia wildfires
The Basque side have also set up a "row zero" for people to contribute to the cause as they prepare to face Celta Vigo in the Spanish cup.
SD Eibar announced on Friday that the club will donate the entire gate receipt from their Copa del Rey home leg match against Celta to those affected by the devastating wildfires that swept through Galicia and Portugal last weekend and in which more than 30 people lost their lives.
The Basque club issued a statement voicing their “sadness and dismay” over the numerous blazes, which are suspected of being started deliberately and swiftly spread due to strong winds caused by Hurricane Ophelia’s route across Portugal and north-western Spain. Four people were confirmed to have lost their lives in Galicia and there were many evacuations as thousands of firefighters tackled several out-of-control wildfires across the region.
"Row zero" in place to allow solidarity ticket purchases
Tickets for the game will be available at 20 euros for adults and 10 euros for children, with the club also setting up a “row zero” for people to buy a virtual ticket at a cost of 10 euros.
The gate receipts will be donated to the club’s charity organisation, Cruz Roja Eibar-Ermua, and the Red Cross in Galicia. Tickets are available online and at ticket offices at Eibar’s Ipurua stadium.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?