Las Palmas pair Rémy and Tannane involved in punch-up
Players intervened to separate the former Chelsea player and Moroccan as fists flew on the training pitch. Other players were caught out on the town on Halloween.
As if Unión Deportiva Las Palmas' problems weren't enough after six straight defeats, coach Pako Ayestarán now has to give several members of his squad a dressing down for their behaviour off the field.
Las Palmas players hit the town ahead of Madrid trip
The islanders, who are lodged in 18th place in the table on six points, visit Real Madrid on Sunday but some players face disciplinary charges after being spotted at a well known night club until the early hours of the morning on the night of Halloween. Las Palmas set a 2am curfew for players when the squad is not expected to train the following day but on Tuesday night, several players broke that curfew.
And to make matters worse, two of the club's most recent signings came to blows in Thursday's training session. Former Chelsea player Loic Rémy and Moroccan winger Oussama Tannane had to be separated by their team mates during an altercation. At the end of the session, Tannane was doing press-ups when, to the surprise of the rest of the group, Rémy blasted a ball at him; it resulted in a punch-up between the two players. The last thing which Ayesterán wants is a disrupted dressing room, and especially with the Real Madrid game on the horizon...
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2