Mourinho plotting January swoop for Valencia's Carlos Soler
According to The Independent, the Valencia prodigy is Manchester United's number one objective in the winter transfer window.
Manchester United have their hearts set on Carlos Soler and want to bring him in during the winter transfer window, whatever the cost. According to a piece in The Independent today, José Mourinho wants his club to go all out to sign the Valencia youth academy product once trading opens on 1 January.
Carlos Soler, number one on Mou's list - reports
The article explains that Mou has put in a request for a midfielder as a result of Paul Pogba's ongoing injury problems. On the list he handed into the transfer committee, Soler's name was top; the United manager also assured that Valencia are mired "in a financial hole" and need to sell players to balance their books.
Carlos Soler's buy-out clause is 80 million euros; he renewed terms with the coastal club in May. However, The Independent claim that United plan to offer Andreas Pereira (who is currently on loan with Valencia) in part exchange for the Spanish Under-21 international. It's worth noting that various newspapers have linked United pair Matteo Darmian and Marouane Fellaini to Valencia in recent weeks.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?