Real Madrid round-up: Casilla keeping clean sheets and Modric the man from outside the box
A round-up of Real Madrid news that you might have missed after the APOEL game and before los Blancos welcome Málaga to the Bernabéu on Saturday.
As Real Madrid prepare for Málaga at the Santiago Bernabéu on Saturday, there is plenty of news in los Blancos' universe after the APOEL game in which they won 6-0 to ensure they made it through to the Champions League knock-out stages for another year.
Modric the man from outside the box
Luka Modric's strike against APOEL confirmed the Croatian's ability from distance, as if it was in any doubt. He has now scored 12 for Real Madrid and no less than 10 have been from outside the penalty area.
Kiko Casilla a hard man to beat these days
Keylor Navas' replacement, Kiko Casilla, completed his third game on the trot without conceding a goal against APOEL on Tuesday night. He was not beaten against Atlético Madrid in the derby at the Wanda or against Las Palmas in LaLiga prior to that.
La Peña Madridista de Campos celebrate their 21st anniversary
The Peña based in Mallorca celebrate their 21st anniversary on Friday. Jose Luis Peinado will be in attendence, the former Real Madrid player from 1967 to 1976 along with Diario AS' Tomas Roncero.
Benzema back to scoring ways against APOEL
Karim Benzema has played in 79 games for Real Madrid in the Champions League. He has only completed 17 of those, however, which is just 21.51% of the games. His last full game came on Octover 16th, 2016 against Legia Warsaw. He has scored two hat-tricks for Real Madrid in those games and six doubles after adding to his tally with two against APOEL on Tuesday night.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots