Real Madrid paying the price for poor summer planning
The six new summer signings have played a collective 17% of possible playing time and bagged three goals. The departees have scored 23 goals so far this season.
On the 1st of November at Wembley Stadium, Cristiano Ronaldo offered his view of the ongoing problem at Real Madrid: “The new players have plenty of potential but Pepe, Morata, James etc. made us stronger and the new signings are younger”.
17% playing time
Statistics back up the player's argument and cast shadows on the pre-planning exercise which the club oversaw during the summer months. The six new younger acquisitions have just played a collective 17% of possible playing time.
Mariano, on fire!
All six signings have completed 2,087 minutes of first-team action and are the players least used by Zinedane Zidane (with the exception of the injured Kovacic) between them they have bagged three goals whilst their predecessors managed 12 by this stage if the season last year. The six departees (Morata, Pepe, James, Mariano, Coentrao and Danilo) have scored 23 goals in all competitions, some four more than the "BBC" with a special mention to Mariano with the Olympique Lyon player hitting the target some 11 times this 2017/18 season and is currently the top scoring Spanish player in the major five European leagues.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?