Barça take a closer look at Grêmio's Arthur in Buenos Aires
Technical Secretary Robert, who has spent several days in Argentina, watched the 21-year-old in action against Lanús. Barcelona will continue with their scouting report.
Grêmio midfielder Arthur has attracted the attention of Barcelona. Blaugrana Technical Secretary Robert Fernández has spent the past few days in Buenos Aires watching Argentinean football, and was at Estádio Ciudad de Lanús Néstor Díaz Pérez to watch the promising young winger in action in last night's Copa Libertadores final between Lanús and Grêmio.
Barcelona target Arthur, injured against Lanús
Arthur, who quit the game in tears on 50 minutes after twisting his ankle, has exploded onto the scene this season, in which he has also been given a call-up by Brazil. The talented 21-year-old has similar characteristics to former Barça playmaker Xavi Hernández - for his age, and according to some sources, his retention fee is 50 million euros. Other source claim that Grêmio de Porto Alegre would be willing to sell the player for a figure closer to 20 million but as it stands, Barça are keen to gather more information before committing to any deal. The Catalans are keen to complete a detailed scouting report on Arthur. Barça will need to press ahead with their technical study on the player as Grêmio could decide to let him go after the Club World Cup in which the Brazilians could cross paths with Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy