COPA DEL REY
Real Madrid and Barcelona target Torres makes Valencia debut
The 17-year-old has similar characteristics as Marco Asensio and makes his debut at 17 much like Isco did for Valencia in the Copa del Rey.
Ferran Torres, the 17-year-old attacking midfielder, made his debute for Valencia on Thursday night against Real Zaragoza and chipped in with an assist for Ruben Vezo. Marcelino carried their excellent LaLiga form into the Copa del Rey and dismantled the Seguna division side 4-1 on the night and 7-1 on aggregate.
The teenager is being chased by Real Madrid and Barcelona and with a release clause of €25 million, could be taken off Los Che's hands next summer if the clubs linked see it as a worthwhile investment. He also sneaks into the top 10 list of youngest ever Valencia players to debut at 17 years, nine months and one day with players like Jose Luis Gaya and Paco Alcácer also on the list.
He starred in the under-17 World Cup for Spain and says, "It is always a compliment, above all because it means that I am doing things right. But now, I am focused on the team," when asked about being chased by some of Europe's biggest clubs.
If Valencia manage to win LaLiga and can convince him that it it a project worth investing his future in, they have a gem on their hands, but with so many bigger clubs willing to splash the cash, much like they did with Isco when he made his debut for Valencia as a youngster, it will be hard to keep hold of the young talent.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds