Hazard eyeing Real Madrid, stalling on Chelsea deal - report
The Times claims that Eden Hazard is refusing to sign a new Chelsea contract in case Real Madrid opt to launch a swoop for his services.
Chelsea star Eden Hazard is reportedly stalling on a new contract with the Blues in the hope that Real Madrid will make a move for him.
Hazard playing waiting game on new Chelsea contract
The Premier League champions are said to be ready to hand Hazard a pay packet of 17.6 million euros a year, taking him past Manchester United's Paul Pogba as the highest-earning player in the English top flight.
However, a report in The Times on Tuesday claims that the Belgian international, whose current Chelsea deal runs out in 2020, is eyeing the Bernabéu.
Hazard: "It would be a dream to play for Zidane"
Last month, Hazard spoke of his admiration for Real head coach Zinedine Zidane, telling an interview with Radio Television Luxembourg: "Everybody knows the respect I have for Zidane as a player and also as a coach. He was my idol.
"I don’t know what will happen in my career in the future, but it would be a dream to play for Zidane."
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"