Hazard eyeing Real Madrid, stalling on Chelsea deal - report
The Times claims that Eden Hazard is refusing to sign a new Chelsea contract in case Real Madrid opt to launch a swoop for his services.
Chelsea star Eden Hazard is reportedly stalling on a new contract with the Blues in the hope that Real Madrid will make a move for him.
Hazard playing waiting game on new Chelsea contract
The Premier League champions are said to be ready to hand Hazard a pay packet of 17.6 million euros a year, taking him past Manchester United's Paul Pogba as the highest-earning player in the English top flight.
However, a report in The Times on Tuesday claims that the Belgian international, whose current Chelsea deal runs out in 2020, is eyeing the Bernabéu.
Hazard: "It would be a dream to play for Zidane"
Last month, Hazard spoke of his admiration for Real head coach Zinedine Zidane, telling an interview with Radio Television Luxembourg: "Everybody knows the respect I have for Zidane as a player and also as a coach. He was my idol.
"I don’t know what will happen in my career in the future, but it would be a dream to play for Zidane."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series