Lautaro Martínez flies through medical and is all set to join Atlético Madrid
The Racing de Avellaneda striker will sign a six-year contract with Simeone's team, according to Argentine media. He will remain on loan until July.
The Lautaro Martínez saga appears to be at an end with diverse Argentinean outlets, among them Fox Sports, ESPN and Radio Mitre, the striker has passed a medical revision with Atlético Madrid and will sign a six-year contract with El Cholo Simeone's team. He will remain on loan until June with his current club, Racing de Avellaneda.
Atlético to pay Racing 12 million euros for Lautaro Martínez
The 20-year-old is one of the big promises of Argentine football and Atlético will pay Racing a fee in excess of the player's retention fee to complete the transfer. In total, the operation could cost Atleti around 12 million euros. The player's agent Roly Zárate already commented back in August that the deal had a "99% chance of happening", although Racing held their ground until the final moment.
Negotiations have dragged on but Atlético stepped up their efforts to conclude the deal on hearing that other clubs such as Borussia Dortmund were interested. Director of Sport Andrea Berta flew out to Argentina earlier today to sew up the final details of the deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series