Lautaro Martínez flies through medical and is all set to join Atlético Madrid
The Racing de Avellaneda striker will sign a six-year contract with Simeone's team, according to Argentine media. He will remain on loan until July.
The Lautaro Martínez saga appears to be at an end with diverse Argentinean outlets, among them Fox Sports, ESPN and Radio Mitre, the striker has passed a medical revision with Atlético Madrid and will sign a six-year contract with El Cholo Simeone's team. He will remain on loan until June with his current club, Racing de Avellaneda.
Atlético to pay Racing 12 million euros for Lautaro Martínez
The 20-year-old is one of the big promises of Argentine football and Atlético will pay Racing a fee in excess of the player's retention fee to complete the transfer. In total, the operation could cost Atleti around 12 million euros. The player's agent Roly Zárate already commented back in August that the deal had a "99% chance of happening", although Racing held their ground until the final moment.
Negotiations have dragged on but Atlético stepped up their efforts to conclude the deal on hearing that other clubs such as Borussia Dortmund were interested. Director of Sport Andrea Berta flew out to Argentina earlier today to sew up the final details of the deal.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play