Montella signs as Sevilla coach to 2019
The manager will finish up with AC Milan on Friday and could take his first training session with Sevilla on Saturday.
Vincenzo Montella is officially the new Sevilla coach, taking over until June 2019. Sevilla announced the news on Thursday afternoon, with the coach due to finish up at Milan on Friday. He is expected to arrive in Seville on Friday evening and take his first coaching session with the LaLiga outfit on Saturday.
Montella became free to become Sevilla's new coach after finally severing ties with AC Milan, who decided not to continue with the services of the 43-year-old over a month ago.
According to reports in Italy, Montella had to waive sums owed to him by Milan to rescind his four-year contract at the San Siro on Thursday morning.
Following a disappointing start to the season, the Italian parted company with the big-spending Rossoneri in late November, with the team then seventh in Serie A.
Sevilla to appoint Montella on 18-month contract
Montella will arrive in Seville on Friday evening ahead of his appointment as successor to Eduardo Berizzo, who was fired by the LaLiga club on Saturday.
The Andalusians are understood to be planning to unveil Montella as soon as possible.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?