Sergi Roberto is keen to prolong his stay at Barcelona and yet the player is no closer to striking a new deal with the Catalan club. Barça couldn't be more proud of their homegrown player and are hoping that the 25-year-old youth academy star will commit by signing a lifeliong contract.
Barcelona and Sergi Roberto yet to see eye to eye on new contract
Negotiations to extend Sergi Roberto's contract have been going on for some time but as of the moment, talks are in stalemate. His current contract is due to expire in June 2019 but both parties are keen to resolve the matter of his renewal as soon as possible. Sources close to the club have told AS that Barça received a counter offer from the player's agent Josep María Orobitg a few days ago but that proposal has yet to be studied in depth. “There are differences ion what the club wants and what the player wants, but nothing that cannot be resolved”, is the message coming from Camp Nou, “Hopefully an agreement will be reached in the next few weeks”.
Wedding bells in London
Sergi Roberto will be walking down the aisle with his long-term partner Coral Simanovich in London once the season is over. He'll be tying the knot knowing that a number of Premier League clubs, including Chelsea and Manchester United would jump at the chance of signing him, but his plan always was and still is to triumph with Barça...
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United