Villarreal bring in striker Roger Martínez on loan
The 'Yellow Submarine' announced the arrival of the Colombian who joins from Inter Milan on a six-month loan. The club has reserved an option to buy him in July
Villareal have officially announced the arrival of Colombian centre-forward Roger Martínez, who joins on loan until the end of the season. The Spanish club have reserved an option to buy the player outright from Inter Milan when the loan arrangement ends at the end of June. Martínez will be unveiled on Monday but he'll be at the Estadio de la Cerámica tonight to watch his new team mates in action against Deportivo de La Coruña.
Cartagena de Indias-born Martínez made his top flight debut for Racing de Avellaneda when he was still only 19 years old. He went on to join Chinese Super League outfit Jiangsun Suning for 10 million euros but after just one year in China, he was brought to Europe by Inter Milan - who share his economic rights. The depearture of Cédric Bakambu forced Villarreal to enter the transfer market to find a replacement.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash