Bale and Ronaldo rested for Copa with Mayoral to lead the line
Zinedine Zidane has decided not to use the Welshman in the Copa game against Numancia with Toni Kroos coming in alongside Castilla midfielder Óscar.
Zinedine Zidane has elected not to call up Gareth Bale for the Copa del Rey game against Numancia on Wednesday with his side holding a 3-0 advantage from the first leg in Los Pajaritos, where Bale was on the score sheet.
Cristiano Ronaldo, as is customary in the early rounds of the competition, has also been left out along with Marcelo, Luka Modric, Raphael Varane and the injured Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema.
Toni Kroos has been called into the squad to add some experience to the midfield with Castilla 19-year-old Óscar Rodríguez also on the list after he completed 75 minutes of the second leg of the tie against Fuenlabrada in the previous round.
Zidane has also called up Castilla full back Álvaro Tejero but has included just two senior defenders in his squad in Dani Carvajal and Nacho.
Real Madrid squad for Numancia
Keepers: Navas, Casilla, Moha.
Defenders: Carvajal, Vallejo, Nacho, Theo, Achraf, Tejero.
Midfielders: Kroos, Casemiro, Llorente, Asensio, Isco, Kovacic, Ceballos, Óscar.
Forwards: Vázquez, Mayoral.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues