Ronaldo: Neymar took a step back leaving Barca for PSG
Former Barcelona striker Ronaldo shared his thoughts on Neymar's record-breaking move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Neymar's decision to swap LaLiga giants Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain was a step back, according to Brazil legend Ronaldo.
Eyebrows were raised when Neymar left Lionel Messi and Barca in a world-record deal after French powerhouses PSG activated the Brazil international's €222 million buyout clause in August.
Neymar has starred for PSG, scoring 20 goals in all competitions – 11 of those strikes in Ligue 1 – but in an interview with ex-Brazil international Zico via YouTube, former Barca striker Ronaldo said: "Sportingly, the decision is a step back.
"But there are challenges that everyone seeks. "I played in Barcelona at the time and went to Inter when the Italian championship was much more competitive."
Neymar was on target on Wednesday as PSG defeated 10-man Amiens 2-0 to reach the Coupe de la Ligue semi-finals. PSG are back in action against Claudio Ranieri's Nantes in Ligue 1 on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history