Iñaki Williams: "The renewal is going well, it will be done soon"
The Athletic Bilbao striker says the two parties involved in the negotiations are looking for the same thing and that his renewal will happen very soon.
Iñaki Williams scored the only Athletic Bilbao goal of the game against Espanyol to draw his side level as he played the role usually occupied by Artiz Aduriz. "When he doesn't score them like usual, we try to help with the rest, I hope I can continue with this run helping the team. We can be happy with a point away from home," he said after the game.
The player, who has been linked with moves to the Premier League and elsewhere for a long time, says his contract renewal with Athletic Club is going well. His current deal expires in 2021 but the club is trying to lock him down to a longer contract.
"When both parties are looking for the same thing, it is much easier," he said. "There are just a few things missing, but everything is going really well and it will be soon."
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online