Schweinsteiger back with Chicago Fire for another season
Chicago Fire have managed to hold onto Bastian Schweinsteiger, re-signing the midfielder for the 2018 campaign.
Former Germany international Bastian Schweinsteiger will return to MLS outfit Chicago Fire in 2018, the North American club has announced. The 33-year-old joined Chicago in March last year after a brief stint at Manchester United. He played 26 games for the Fire, who finished third in the Eastern Conference before losing in the first round of the play-offs.
Schweinsteiger delighted to return to Chicago
Schweinsteiger is heading back to Chicago for another season, it was announced on Wednesday. "I am very happy to re-sign with the Chicago Fire, and to continue what we started in 2017," he said. "Last year was a special moment for my career, but it felt incomplete without a trophy. But I am sure we can create another memorable season with the support of our great fans. I love this city, this sport, and winning, so I look forward to another season with the Fire as we progress to hopefully another level of success."
Fire general manager Nelson Rodríguez was delighted to bring Schweinsteiger back for another season. "It was a priority to re-sign Bastian and we're pleased that he will remain with the club," he said. "He's a proven winner who was an integral part of our success in 2017. Bastian's talent combined with his character and qualities off the field are vital to our squad as we continue to build a championship program."
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers