Cope: Laporte travels to Manchester to sign for City
According to information on programme 'El Partidazo', the central defender seems set to make the move from Athletic Bilbao to the Premier League leaders.
Two years ago there was interest shown but it looks like now is the time for Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola to get Aymeric Laporte.
Laporte to strengthen City backline
According to reports coming from Spanish radio programme 'El Partidazo', the French central defender has already travelled to Manchester to put pen to paper on a five year contract. The transfer is for 65 million euros with a further five million in development rights.
Manchester City, and more specifically, Guardiola, have been targeting someone of Laporte's profile with confidence in Mangala fulfilling the role at the highest level low, as well as Kompany's injury record, playing a part in the decision to bring someone else in if possible.
Following the contract renewal on Monday of sought after goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, it will be disappointing for the Basque club to be losing one of their other defensive pillars. Official confirmation of the move has not yet been made by either club.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?