Julian Brandt open to renewing with Bayer Leverkusen
Barcelona and Liverpool have both been linked with a move for Julian Brandt but the Bayer Leverkusen player says a new contract with the German side is possible.
Julian Brandt has said he is open to signing a new contract to commit his future to Bayer Leverkusen despite being linked to European giants including Barcelona, Liverpool and Bayern Munich. Brandt's four league goals have contributed to a fine season for Leverkusen, who are second in the Bundesliga table after 20 matches - albeit 16 points adrift of leaders Bayern.
Barcelona, Bayern and Liverpool eyeing Brandt
Germany international Brandt told Omnisport in October it was an "honour" to be linked with Barcelona, while Bayern have held a long-term interest in the 21-year-old. But with Leverkusen on track to return to the Champions League after finishing in the bottom half of the Bundesliga last season, Brandt is open to the idea of remaining at the BayArena.
"It's all possible," Brandt told Kicker magazine when quizzed over the chance of signing a contract extension. "The fact is that I feel comfortable here, I really enjoy playing in this team, but in the future, nothing has yet been decided. No question, we are on a great path. What the coach [Heiko Herrlich] says, how we play, the squad: it's all there and that's a great foundation."
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win