"Focused" Mahrez returns to Leicester training
Leicester City have confirmed winger Riyad Mahrez was back in training on Friday, although it is not known if he will face Manchester City.
Riyad Mahrez was back in training with Leicester City on Friday after 10 days away from the club.
Mahrez has missed two Premier League matches since the Algeria international was denied a deadline-day move to runaway leaders Manchester City.
Pep Guardiola had tried to sign Mahrez to boost his attacking options in Leroy Sané's injury-enforced absence, but City could not do a late deal with the Foxes.
And with Leicester taking on the title favourites in the Premier League on Saturday, a club statement confirmed Mahrez has returned to the club.
"Riyad remains a greatly valued member of Claude Puel’s squad and is focused, together with his team-mates, on achieving further success with Leicester City," the statement said.
Puel indicated in Thursday's news conference Mahrez would not be available for selection for the trip to the Etihad.
"I hope he can get his head right and come back with us and work hard," the Frenchman said. "The best way is to come back and enjoy his football."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest