Muguruza to work with Martínez at upcoming tournaments
Former Davis Cup captain and Wimbledon winner will once again impart her wisdom on the world number four, having guided to her SW19 glory last season.
Wimbledon champion Garbiñe Muguruza has announced that she will once again work with Conchita Martínez in upcoming tournaments.
Martínez was in Muguruza's box throughout her triumph at SW19 last year, as regular coach Sam Sumyk was absent from the slam as his wife was expecting their first child.
Muguruza did not confirm how long Martínez would be part of her coaching team, although reports in Spain suggest she will work with the world number four in Doha, Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami over the next two months.
Posting on Twitter, Muguruza wrote: "Look who's joining my team for [the] next tournaments! @conchitamartinez @SamSumyk we are waiting for you!"
Martínez said of her link with Muguruza: "Returning to work next to Garbiñe is very rewarding.
"She is a great professional and hard working, with [her] levels of intensity and demand always high, so it is a great challenge for me at this new stage with her."
Recommended in English
- NFL Chicago Bears pinpoint Eberflus as Nagy successor
- NFL Could Aaron Rodgers follow Nathaniel Hackett to Broncos?
- NFL Which NFL team has reached the Conference Finals the most in history? Full list
- BARCELONA Who will Barcelona sign before the end of the January transfer window?
- TRANSFER MARKET Real Madrid: Palmeiras to slap €100m price tag on Brazil wonderkid Endrick
- SERIE A Vlahovic tipped to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots at Juventus