F1 testing delayed due to heavy snow in Barcelona
F1 teams can usually rely on mild conditions for testing at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, but wintry conditions kept them off the track.
Heavy snowfall delayed the start of Formula One testing in Barcelona on Wednesday.
Trucks cleaning the track were the only vehicles out on the icy Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya as the cold snap kept the new F1 cars in the garage.
Testing took place in bitter conditions on Monday and Tuesday, but officials worked tirelessly to clear the track after temperatures plummeted in midweek.
Talks have been held over adding an extra day to the schedule in the hope that conditions improve, but no agreement has been reached.
Sebastian Vettel was quickest for Ferrari in the afternoon session on Tuesday after Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas led the way at the conclusion of the opening stints.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots