Vettel fastest for Ferrari in freezing Spain test
Sebastian Vettel registered the fastest time Tuesday on the second day of pre-season testing, edging out Valtteri Bottas of arch-rival Mercedes.
Sebastian Vettel in his sleek new Ferrari registered the fastest time Tuesday on a snow-curtailed second day of Formula One pre-season testing, edging out Valtteri Bottas of arch-rival Mercedes.
Snow an issue in Catalonia
Vettel was 0.303sec faster than the Finn in freezing conditions as a McLaren, driven by Belgian Stoffel Vandoorne, came third before snow cut the day short at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Due to the freezing weather a scheduled lunch stop was cancelled and the best times were all registered in a brief sunny spell.
A delighted Vettel tweeted: "Fastest Lap of both days of testing - Most Laps Completed - Highest Max. Speed - A more than decent first day at the office."
Carlos Sainz in fifth
Dutch youngster Max Verstappen of Red Bull was fourth while local driver Carlos Sainz Jr of Renault was fifth at 1.539sec.
Robert Kubica, who is attempting to return to Formula One seven years after a horrific crash, but was beaten to a starting seat at Williams by 21-year-old Sergey Sirotkin, scored a small victory as he edged the Russian by 0.332sec.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?