Can hits out at "false stories" surrounding Liverpool future
Emre Can says he will not comment on speculation over his future any more, having grown weary of what he claims are unfounded stories.
Liverpool's Emre Can has hit out at what he describes as "false stories" relating to his reported wage demands. The Germany international has been heavily linked with clubs including Manchester City, Juventus and Bayern Munich, with his contract due to expire at the end of the season.
Reports in England have claimed Liverpool will have to offer the midfielder £200,000 a week to convince him to stay at Anfield, and the 24-year-old says he is tired of such speculation.
"I've just returned from international duty with the German team and working on coming back from injury," he wrote on Instagram. "Interesting stories about me in the press! I'm no longer going to comment on any false stories or rumours! Looking forward to getting back on the pitch asap."
Can has made 26 Premier League appearances this season, scoring three goals for Jürgen Klopp's side. He was released from the Germany squad after missing last Friday's friendly draw with Spain due to a back problem.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?