THIRTEEN!! Masters champion García equals worst ever score
What is the worst score you have managed on a golf course? Sergio García ran up a staggering 13 at Augusta's 15th hole on ThursdayRyder Cup 2018 final day: Europe vs USA, Sunday singles
Sergio García's hopes of retaining his Masters title were spectacularly dashed on the 15th hole of his first round as the Spaniard carded a scarcely believable 13.
Patrons at Augusta National were left stunned as García - who broke his major duck at last year's tournament - found the water on five occasions before eventually hitting the green with his 12th shot.
Joint-worst score for a single Masters hole
He did at least manage to hole his first putt, but nevertheless tied the record for the worst score on a hole in Masters history.
Tom Weiskopf made a 13 at the par-three 12th in 1980, while Tsuneyuki Nakajima posted the same score on the 13th hole two years earlier.
The last time Sergio played that hole he made an eagle 3.— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) April 5, 2018
Golf is a fickle game. pic.twitter.com/wDMtRzzNa4
García's 13 leaves reigning champion 10 over
García's nightmare octuple-bogey left him 10 over with three holes to play. To his credit, he did birdie the next.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades