André Gomes asks to leave Barça amid Juventus interest
According to Mundo Deportivo, the Portugal midfielder has spoken to the board about a possible summer move to the Serie A champions.
André Gomes has reportedly asked to leave Barcelona this summer after just one season at Camp Nou during which the former Valencia midfielder has failed to make much of an impact, even going so far as to say he was ashamed to go out into the streets of the city during a miserable campaign for the Portugal international.
Ernesto Valverde has consistently expressed his support for Gomes and in recent weeks the Camp Nou crowd have also got behind the 24-year-old, who has put in some encouraging performances when given the opportunity. However, he has only managed to chalk up 1,026 minutes in all competitions this season and is the 15th most-used player in Valverde’s squad and has found it difficult to gain a regular place in a midfield blessed with the talents of Andrés Iniesta, Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Paulinho and January arrival Philippe Coutinho.
Juve's Allegri keeping tabs on Gomes
Gomes has therefore asked for the opportunity to seek his fortune elsewhere this summer, with Milan reportedly interested. The player would prefer a move to the Premier League but now, according to Barcelona-based daily Mundo Deportivo, Juventus have emerged as a suitor with Massimiliano Allegri a firm admirer of the Portugal international and keeping up to date with his day-to-day situation, including receiving regular reports on how Portugal fitness coach Martin Ventura has been working to improve the midfielder’s performance levels.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders