PSG aim to have Neymar back before season's end
The Paris Saint-Germain star is aiming to make a return from injury for his club before departing for the World Cup, says Unai Emery.
Neymar could yet feature for Paris Saint-Germain before the end of the season, according to head coach Unai Emery.
The Brazil star suffered a fractured foot against rivals Marseille in February, with the injury initially putting his participation in the World Cup in doubt.
But Neymar has recovered well and he could see some playing time before the end of the domestic campaign, offering a boost to club and country.
"Neymar is close to coming back to training, based on the latest tests," Emery told a news conference.
"He had a good medical examination and, when he gets here, I'm sure he will want to play. He may have time to play for us before the end of the season. That's what we're working towards."
Emery is widely expected to be replaced by Thomas Tuchel at the end of the season, but the current PSG coach says he remains focused on results for now.
Although PSG are yet to clinch top spot in Ligue 1, a win against champions Monaco on Sunday would be enough to snatch back the title - and only then will Emery discuss his situation.
"I am very focused on every game and on my job," he said. "When our targets are met, it will be time to speak. For the moment, everyone is focused on the matches."
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...