'Let's go out naked!' - Klopp tells Liverpool team all eyes on Salah
All of the hype has centred on Mohamed Salah, which Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp highlighted before the Manchester City clash.
Jurgen Klopp jokingly told Liverpool to train naked before their Champions League quarter-final decider against Manchester City as all eyes would be on star Mohamed Salah.
More, more, more: everyone wants Mo Salah
Discussing the hype over Salah, who scored in Liverpool's 2-1 second-leg victory over City at the Etihad Stadium last week, German manager Klopp revealed what he told his players.
"It is a really good group and, with Mo, everyone really likes the hype around him, all the boys," Klopp said.
"When we came out for the Champions League training before Man City, I said, 'Come on everybody, let's go out naked because no one will realise — they are just looking at Mo'.
Salah hype to continue in Rome
"Now we go to Rome [next Tuesday for the first leg of their semi-final against Roma]. I don't think the hype will be a little bit less. But it is all okay.
"The boys created the atmosphere in the group. In a successful team, there is always a good atmosphere. Other teams can have very good players, but no group."
Klopp added: "There is so much that is positive – we are a team. The boys are all together.
"We have a big chance here to create something for the future. We are still young and full of potential. My impression is that they are all excited about being in this group."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In