Real Madrid: Isco out, Nacho in as Zidane picks his UCL squad
The two players trained with the group ahead of the Champions League semi-final second leg against Bayern Munich on Tuesday but only one of them made it. The USA vs. Ecuador live and direct: Friendly FIFA Date
Isco and Nacho took full part in Real Madrid's final training session ahead of the second leg of the Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich but only the defender was deemed fit enough for the matchday squad.
Real Madrid squad to face Bayern Munich
Goalkeepers: Navas, Casilla, Luca Zidane
Defenders: Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Theo Hernández
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Asensio, Kovacic, Dani Ceballos
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez, Borja Mayoral
As well as Isco and Carvajal missing out due to injury, Zidane cannot call upon Marcos Llorente, Vallejo or Achraf. In come Dani Ceballos, after a good showing against Leganés, and striker Borja Mayoral.
Isco and Nacho train, Carvajal absent
Isco suffered a shoulder injury during the first leg in Munich, which Madrid won 1-2, and was replaced by Marco Asensio at half-time. The 26-year-old midfielder was not expected to be fit in time to face Bayern at the Bernabéu, but recovered ahead of schedule to return to training on Sunday. That wasn't enough though to get him into the squad for Tuesday.
Nacho has been absent since picking up a thigh injury in Madrid's victory over Las Palmas at the start of April. His return is a timely boost for Zinedine Zidane, who was forced to play Casemiro as a centre-half in the 2-1 LaLiga win against Leganés on Saturday afternoon.
Dani Carvajal will not be fit to face Bayern and Nacho is a candidate to take his place on the right side of defence with choices limited.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS Team USA vs Spain 2021 Tokyo Olympics live updates: score, stats, highlights
- OLYMPIC GAMES How does sport climbing work at the Olympics? Rules, format and score system
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze