ATLÉTICO MADRID 1-0 ARSENAL
Cazorla: "My contract ends in June and nobody has offered me anything at Arsenal"
The central midfielder has been rocked with several setbacks since injuring himself 18 months ago and says he is just focused on playing football again.
It has been 18 months since Santi Cazorla injured himself and had to undergo surgery. Nothing, it seems, has gone right since then and he has been rocked with setback after setback and 11 surgeries in total to rectify the problems. The Spanish midfielder spoke to El Larguero on Cadena SER about his recovery.
"I will go bit by bit with the injury," he said after he had returned to Oviedo to continue his recovery and he spoke after Atlético Madrid knocked Arsenal out of the Europa League on Thursday night. "It's a tough one for us tonight," he admitted.
The 33-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season and he admits his future is in the air. "I finish my contract in June and I don't know anything about my future," he admits. "We will see but at the moment, nobody has offered me anything at Arsenal." Arsene Wenger previously said Cazorla's injury was the worst he had ever seen and there are a number of reasons why a new deal is complicated.
Finally, Cazorla was asked about the possibility of returning to Spain, "Well, right now I am only thinking about returning to play football," he responded.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant