Neymar returns to PSG
Paris Saint-Germain remain hopeful Neymar will be able to play a part this season, with the Brazilian returning to gym work on Saturday.
Neymar is back in training with Paris Saint-Germain as the Brazil star aims to recover from injury in time for the World Cup.
Neymar suffered broken bone in foot in February
The PSG forward has been out of action since suffering a fractured foot in a game against rivals Marseille at the end of February.
PSG's outgoing coach Unai Emery has indicated Neymar has a chance of featuring for the Ligue 1 champions before the end of the season.
And after flying back to the French capital from Brazil, Neymar was in the gym at the Ooredoo Training Centre on Saturday, building up his fitness levels.
PSG can clinch domestic treble in Tuesday's cup final
PSG drew 2-2 at Amiens in Ligue 1 on Friday and are next in action on Tuesday against third-tier side Les Herbiers in the Coupe de France final.
Winning that match would ensure Emery departs PSG with a domestic treble, his side then completing the campaign with league games against Rennes and Caen on 12 and 19 May, respectively.
Brazil get under way at the World Cup against Switzerland on 17 June, before facing Costa Rica and Serbia in their other group games.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?