Iniesta: 18 injured as stand collapses during chat show
According to El País, a stand collapsed during the recording of Chester in Barcelona, a show on which Andrés Iniesta was one of the guests.
At least 18 people, two of them minors, were injured in Barcelona on Tuesday when a public viewing stand collapsed during the recording of ‘Chester’, a chat show presented by Risto Mejide.
Iniesta due to discuss Barcelona departure
Andrés Iniesta was due to be interviewed on the show, which was being filmed at the Satalia football complex in the Poble-sec area of Barcelona.
The 34-year-old player has announced that he will leave Barça at the end of the season, with China, Japan, and Qatar all mooted as possible destinations.
According to El País, The local fire and ambulance services were dispatched to the scene and none of the injuries are serious.
'My encouragement and support to all'
Iniesta wrote a message on Twitter to those affected by the incident:
“After the scare we all had this morning, I want to send my encouragement and support to all those who were there today, and I hope those with injuries recover as soon as possible. A hug to all.”
Recommended in English
- Champions League 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16: all qualified teams
- Champions League When is the 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16 draw taking place?
- NBA | WARRIORS Steph Curry eyeing Ray Allen's three-point record against Portland
- NBA | LAKERS LeBron James defends Lakers coach Frank Vogel
- SOCCER Barcelona €15 million away from Man City forward Ferran Torres
- NFL Will Ryan Fitzpatrick play again for the Washington Football Team?