Cerezo embraces Griezmann during Atlético celebrations
Enrique Cerezo and Antoine Griezmann remain close despite the latter's reported deal to sign with Barcelona as rojiblancos hold hope of the player staying.
Atlético Madrid's celebrations continue after winning the Europa League on Wednesday night. Rumours about Antoine Griezmann's future did not distract them but those same rumours won't go away. Barcelona are confident that they will sign the player but he remains an Atlético Madrid player for now.
Many Atlético fans still hold hopes that Griezmann will decide to stay with Diego Simeone's side after their most recent European success. Diego Costa arrived and the pair have created an excellent partnership up front for the rojiblancos. Griezmann has shied away from speaking about his future and does not want to get himself into any trouble.
During their visit to the Almudena cathedral, he was seen chatting in a very friendly manner with Enrique Cerezo. The club's president has never even considered a departure and his most recent statements on the French attacker were: "He is an Atlético player. That's it!"
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift