Cerezo embraces Griezmann during Atlético celebrations
Enrique Cerezo and Antoine Griezmann remain close despite the latter's reported deal to sign with Barcelona as rojiblancos hold hope of the player staying.
Atlético Madrid's celebrations continue after winning the Europa League on Wednesday night. Rumours about Antoine Griezmann's future did not distract them but those same rumours won't go away. Barcelona are confident that they will sign the player but he remains an Atlético Madrid player for now.
Many Atlético fans still hold hopes that Griezmann will decide to stay with Diego Simeone's side after their most recent European success. Diego Costa arrived and the pair have created an excellent partnership up front for the rojiblancos. Griezmann has shied away from speaking about his future and does not want to get himself into any trouble.
During their visit to the Almudena cathedral, he was seen chatting in a very friendly manner with Enrique Cerezo. The club's president has never even considered a departure and his most recent statements on the French attacker were: "He is an Atlético player. That's it!"
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops