Webber: Formula E is more competitive than Formula One
Formula One may be the dominant championship in four-wheel motorsport, but Mark Webber prefers the more "competitive" Formula E.
Formula E is more competitive than Formula One, according to former Red Bull driver Mark Webber.
Australian Webber finished third in the drivers' world championship on three occasions before leaving F1 after the 2013 season, going on to win the World Endurance Championship two years later.
But he now ranks Formula E as the most competitive single-seater series on four wheels, preferring the championship to F1, where Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and Daniel Ricciardo have dominated both qualifying and races in 2018.
"[Formula E] is obviously going places," Webber told Motorsport Week. "All of the big guys are coming and they're all here and the standard of driving is obviously exceptional.
"The depth of drivers here is probably the most competitive championship we have on four wheels, in terms of the depth of drivers and how tight the competition is.
"It looks very, very tight in terms of how competitive it is. You don't know really who is going to win which is quite good."
Webber's claim comes days after F1 champion Hamilton described the Monaco Grand Prix as "intensely boring" after Ricciardo led from the front to win.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?