J-League announce Fernando Torres acquisition by mistake
A news piece on the official J-League website announced that Atleti striker El Niño had signed for Sagan Tosu.
It would appear that we are close to learning Fernando Torres's next chapter in his footballing career after the official J-League website published an article stating that the forward had been acquired by Sagan Tosu. The story was immediately removed but not after some eagle eyed web browsers took screenshots of the information.
Shortly after the publication, the J-League issued a communique lamenting the confusion their internal administrative error had generated.
If the move to Sagan does materialise, Torres would be the second Spanish international to move to the Japanese league after Vissel Kobe's acquisition of Andrés Iniesta last week.
15 match days have been played in the current season of the J-League with Sagan Tosu languishing in second last place in the table on 13 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops