Neymar: My dad doesn't decide my career, I do
Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar insisted he, not his father, made the decisions about his career.
Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil star Neymar praised his father, but insisted he made his own decisions regarding his future.
My career, my decision, says Neymar
Neymar has been linked with a move to Real Madrid after just one season at PSG, where he arrived in a world-record €222million switch from Barcelona last year.
The 26-year-old's dad has long acted as his advisor and also serves as his agent, but Neymar Jr. said any decisions about his career were in his own hands.
"My father doesn't take decisions for my career. I'm the one who decides about that," he told Brazilian magazine VIP.
"He's the best advisor I could ask for but, in the end, it's my call.
"My father takes care of other matters that run parallel to football, so that I can focus only on my profession."
Neymar scored 28 goals in his first season at PSG, his campaign ended early by a foot injury.
He is preparing for the World Cup in Russia, where Brazil will face Switzerland, Costa Rica and Serbia in Group E.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In