Germany goalkeeper Neuer makes comeback against Austria
Having been out of action since September with a foot injury, Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is starting against Austria.
Manuel Neuer made his long-awaited return from injury on Saturday evening after being named in Germany's starting line-up to play Austria in a pre-World Cup friendly.
Neuer back for Germany
Bayern Munich goalkeeper Neuer has been out of action since September due to a foot injury, putting his World Cup place in doubt.
However, Germany's goalkeeping coach Andreas Kopke said prior to the game that Neuer would face Austria and national boss Joachim Low selected the 32-year-old to start in Klagenfurt.
Neuer's chances of going to the World Cup as Low's first choice goalkeeper appeared to be boosted after he was handed the number one shirt when Die Mannschaft's squad numbers were confirmed.
Nils Petersen will make his international debut in the fixture, while Premier League stars Mesut Ozil, Leroy Sane and Antonio Rudiger are also included in the XI.
Germany complete their preparations for the tournament with a friendly against Saudi Arabia in Leverkusen on June 8.
Almost all you need to know about Germany's World Cup group.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game