Brazil return! Neymar to feature against Croatia, confirms Tite
Neymar will make his comeback from a foot injury as a second-half substitute in Brazil's game with Croatia at Anfield.
Neymar will play some part in Brazil's pre-World Cup friendly against Croatia on Sunday, head coach Tite has confirmed.
Neymar | Return of the 'crack'
Sidelined since February after undergoing foot surgery, the Paris Saint-Germain crack (the word often used in Spanish for amazing players) will get some precious minutes under his belt as he gears up for the tournament in Russia.
Speaking to the media, Tite announced the 26-year-old forward will not start the game at Anfield - but will be introduced at some stage in the second half.
"He [Neymar] will stay on the bench because he's in the process of recovery," Tite said.
"He will come on in the second half because it's a preparation game for us, for the whole team. He will enter the pitch.
"He has to be a star, but others have to be protagonists as well."
Brazil have been drawn alongside Switzerland, Costa Rica and Serbia in Group E at the World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises