Torres to confirm future in next fortnight, says father
Fernando Torres is close to making a decision over his future, with the Atlético Madrid legend set to leave Europe.
Atlético Madrid great Fernando Torres will announce his future in the next fortnight, according to his father.
Torres, 34, bid farewell to boyhood club Atlético at the end of the season, having helped the LaLiga outfit win the Europa League.
Torres expected to move to Japanese side Sagan Tosu
The 110-time Spain international is expected to join J.League outfit Sagan Tosu, but his move is yet to be confirmed.
Decision will be confirmed "in the next two weeks for sure"
His father, José Torres, said Fernando was close to making a decision, confirming the forward's next move would not be to a European club.
"I am sure it won't be in Europe, it will be a long way away," Torres Sr said, via Sport. "He still doesn't know, but he will say soon, in the next two weeks for sure."
Torres scored 10 goals in each of his final two seasons at Atlético, the club he made his senior debut with in 2001.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In