Torres to confirm future in next fortnight, says father
Fernando Torres is close to making a decision over his future, with the Atlético Madrid legend set to leave Europe.
Atlético Madrid great Fernando Torres will announce his future in the next fortnight, according to his father.
Torres, 34, bid farewell to boyhood club Atlético at the end of the season, having helped the LaLiga outfit win the Europa League.
Torres expected to move to Japanese side Sagan Tosu
The 110-time Spain international is expected to join J.League outfit Sagan Tosu, but his move is yet to be confirmed.
Decision will be confirmed "in the next two weeks for sure"
His father, José Torres, said Fernando was close to making a decision, confirming the forward's next move would not be to a European club.
"I am sure it won't be in Europe, it will be a long way away," Torres Sr said, via Sport. "He still doesn't know, but he will say soon, in the next two weeks for sure."
Torres scored 10 goals in each of his final two seasons at Atlético, the club he made his senior debut with in 2001.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win