David Alaba confirms he is staying at Bayern Munich
Following apparent interest from Real Madrid, David Alaba has eased the fears of Bayern Munich fans by insisting he plans to stay put.
David Alaba has confirmed his intention to remain at Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich next season, following reported interest from Real Madrid. The Austria international came through the academy at Bayern and has been a regular member of their squad for each of the last seven seasons.
Alaba happy in Munich
The 25-year-old has developed into one of the world's finest left-backs, and his versatility has also seen him impress in midfield. As such, Alaba had been linked with a move away from the Allianz Arena, with his father claiming Madrid were "really interested" in the defender in May.
However, Alaba has brought a swift end to transfer talk, adamant he will still be in Bavaria next term. "I'll stay at Bayern," Alaba told Bild. "I feel very comfortable in Munich, so there's nothing more to say about it."
Three years to run at Bayern
Alaba is under contract at Bayern until 2021.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...