Real Madrid eyeing up Brazil coach Tite, say Brazilian media
According to O Globo and Radio Sagres, Real Madrid are interested in Brazil coach Tite, who has chosen to postpone a decision on renewing his contract with Brazil until after the World Cup.
Real Madrid are exploring the possibility of signing Brazil national coach Tite, according to reports by Brazilian media.
With Tite’s contract ending after the World Cup, president of the Brazilian Football Confederation, Rogerio Caboclo, offered him a four year contract that would see him at the helm until Qatar 2022. But the 57-year-old chose to postpone his decision until after the World Cup.
Brazilian newspaper O Globo has contacted Tite’s agent, who would neither confirm nor deny that Real Madrid had been in contact, saying “I prefer not to comment on the matter”.
As Real Madrid coach, Tite would certainly strengthen the club’s hand in Operation Neymar, as he has a very close relationship with the PSG star.
Tite’s impressive resumé
After a club management career in which he has won two Brazilian league titles, the Copa de Brasil, the Recopa Sudamericana and the Copa Libertadores de América, Tite took control of Brazil in June 2016, when the team was in sixth (and out of the running for automatic qualification) in the South America World Cup qualifying group. Introducing a more attacking style of play, Tite managed to rescue the campaign and Brazil finished top of the group and undefeated under their new coach.
The Brazil coach joins the long list of names that have been linked with the Bernebeu since Zinedine Zidane's departure last week, which includes Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino, Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp, German coach Joachim Löw, Antonio Conte and Maurizio Sarr.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play