Conor McGregor made headlines in April for his alleged role in the infamous UFC 223 bus attack in Brooklyn.
He stunned the UFC world when he reportedly interrupted a press event at Barclays Center ahead of UFC 223, leaving many wondering about his future and forcing the UFC to cancel three fights after Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg were injured in the melee.
There was a lot that happened in a short amount of time, but we have recapped the details leading up to his second court appearance.
Here's what you need to know:
When is McGregor due in court next?
He is due in Brooklyn Criminal Court in New York on Thursday June 14.
What has he been charged with?
McGregor has been charged with three counts of misdemeanour assault and one count of felony criminal mischief.
How much was McGregor's bail?
McGregor posted $50,000 bail and was allowed to travel out of the country before returning for his court date.
Why was McGregor arrested?
During the UFC 223 media day session on April 6, McGregor, Cian Cowley and a host of other team-mates allegedly stormed the Barclays Center searching for current UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. The entourage went to the loading dock area and targeted a vehicle carrying rival fighters who were scheduled to fight the following day.
Various videos appear to show the group throwing large metal objects at the bus, including a barricade and dollies. McGregor eventually turned himself in to the NYPD.
Keep your dukes up when you see me.— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) May 23, 2018
See you soon. pic.twitter.com/M2KX5HZ90F
Why did McGregor lose his cool?
One speculated reason behind McGregor's rampage is UFC president Dana White's decision to strip him of the lightweight title. Because McGregor has been away from MMA since 2016, White decided the fight between Nurmagomedov and Max Holloway would determine the new lightweight champion.
Will the UFC suspend McGregor?
It is not likely McGregor will be banned or suspended from the UFC. He did not face an initial suspension immediately after the bus attack, however, it could still be a possibility as the legal process unfolds. But UFC president Dana White said last month he is planning to meet with McGregor to discuss a title bout with Nurmagomedov, so a suspension does not seem to be on the cards at this point.
"Conor and I are going to meet in Las Vegas," White said. "I'm pretty confident [a lightweight title fight] is a fight that Conor wants, and I'm pretty confident that is a fight Khabib wants. So yeah, I could see that happening."
How did the UFC respond to McGregor's melee?
Immediately after the news of the bus attack, UFC president Dana White called Conor McGregor's actions "criminal, disgusting" and said they "made him sick".
White said in April: "This was a real bad career move for him. I mean, do you want to be in business with Conor McGregor right now? No. Do you want to chase this guy around for interviews and buy his fights. Do you?"
"It's disgusting. And I don't think anybody is going to be huge Conor McGregor fans after this."
What has McGregor done since his arraignment hearing?
McGregor has not done much in terms of fighting since his arraignment. He landed fourth on the Forbes 2018 list of the world's highest-paid athletes. McGregor also revealed that he was supposed to fight at UFC 224 on May 12 before "something came up".