Photo of Hierro's possible decisions for Portugal - Spain
One of our eagle-eyed photographers grabbed a snap of what could be Hierro's starting XI for the World Cup Group B game in Sochi on Friday evening.
Spain trained this Thursday for the last time before they make their debut at the World Cup in Russia, against Portugal, at 20:00 CEST in the Fisht Stadium in Sochi.
And one of our photographers may have snapped some of the Spain starting lineup, as set out by new coach Fernando Hierro, who took over on Wednesday after Julen Lopetegui was sacked.
Diego Costa to start
In the coach's notebook you can see Koke starting, ahead of Thiago, and Iniesta accompanied by Busquets in the centre of the pitch. Up front: Isco and Silva on the wings and Diego Costa taking the centre-forward berth, meaning Aspas and Rodrigo miss out.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement